Sunday, December 27, 2009

what we really really want


My mom and I were on our way to the Guild Shop the other day and I noticed a couple of multi colored signs posted just before the Fiesta on Dunlavy. The first one says “WHY CAN’T YOU LOVE ME” the next one “LIKE l LOVE YOU?” I thought this was curious, my mom didn’t notice and we kept driving. We get to the Guild and it was closed for Christmas so we turned right on Welch and headed to the Blue Bird (our second choice in Resale shops.) I then see two more signs. The first one says “I WANT A ROCK HARD” next one “SIX PACK” Now I am getting really interested, I try to explain it to my mom she still doesn’t get it and we turn right on Commonwealth. There at the corner of Commonwealth and Fairview I see 3 more signs. 1. “I REALLY REALLY WANT” 2. “a 15 inch” 3.” MAC Book Pro” I tell my mom this is a feminine art statement worthy of being carried out by the likes of our very own Laura Lark or maybe an imposter like that Lana Lank out of San Antonio… SO- on Christmas day I had Dimirti drive me around the area to photograph the signs and hunt for more, but these listed and pictured here are all we could find.
I sure can appreciate the effort on the signs and I couldn’t agree more on what she really really wants. I want the same things, but the tragic part is even if we post signs right in front of your house you men still don’t get it. Women have many talents- one is we can read your mind. Men on the other hand can’t even read the signs we put right in front of them. How do we get the man to get the message? Or should we just stop trying? Click on my blog title to see a google map view to see for yourself and Merry Christmas!

No comments: